TPC Twin Cities Course

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

TPC Twin Cities Course

Postby tnbogeyman2 on Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:11 am

I was playing the final round (ATP Classic) on TPC Twin Cities Course, and I was using my driver with water in front of me and I hit a clean (12/6) shot and it went no more than 150yds line drive into water. I optioned to rehit thinking I didn't use a driver (blaming myself), and hit (driver again) the same shot into the water. So I decided to drop and used a 5 iron to just get off the tee box. All said and done (a big 10 spot). WTF!!! Anyone else have any issues with this course???
tnbogeyman2

Re: TPC Twin Cities Course

Postby Bassmaster on Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:47 am

tnbogeyman2 wrote:I was playing the final round (ATP Classic) on TPC Twin Cities Course, and I was using my driver with water in front of me and I hit a clean (12/6) shot and it went no more than 150yds line drive into water. I optioned to rehit thinking I didn't use a driver (blaming myself), and hit (driver again) the same shot into the water. So I decided to drop and used a 5 iron to just get off the tee box. All said and done (a big 10 spot). WTF!!! Anyone else have any issues with this course???

I use a defaulted driver on the Twin Cities course. That grass in front of the tee boxes can be brutal.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby Echoes on Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:04 pm

I think your issues are more with your driver setup rather than the course. This isn't the only course in the links library that has holes that will snag tee shots from drivers set lower than default as Rick suggested yours is.
Echoes

Postby tnbogeyman2 on Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:15 am

Thanks for the responses. They say it's healthy to learn something new everyday!! Well, just turned 70 and I do use customized clubs, and from now on, I will be watching the tall grass, or other obstacles in front of the tee box.
tnbogeyman2

Return to Talk About It