3M Open

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

3M Open

Postby Harpo on Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:55 pm

Talk about a boring course. Maybe just me.
Jim
Harpo

Re: 3M Open

Postby MasterMontgomery on Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:29 pm

I agree Jim. Some long par 5s. I think one was like 650 with wind at you.
But, i thought it played very hard. OH well Dirk is going great again. But He needs to get
the points he won. Doug H has said he does not get notified about posts, So he needs a
reminder.
Hope your having fun on your trip.

Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:48 am

Yes not a fun course to play. Although after round 1 where I got everything right, played really well and added a lucky ace to keep up with Dirk, I thought it was ok.
Round 2 though a lot different. Played a decent T shot on 1 but the game froze. Took me 4 attempts to get the pc to load links, took the penalty and then in slight angry mode played as poor a round as I can remember.. Missed 5 putts and each time I thought I had holed it. Took a long look and still didnt see I aimed wrong but....... Hey ho onto the next with another reminder not to play an angry round
RoyHiggi

Postby GoesForIt on Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:22 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:Yes not a fun course to play...

I have to agree. I usually like Sage Vanni's courses. I don't mind the length, but almost every Par 4/5 has a restricted fairway where a 3-metal is safe and Driver is not. That's fine for some holes, but to me there are too many here.

Fortunately I either didn't hit into it or there's no Heavy Rough.

In round #2, it seemed like there was heavy humidity. I was hitting the snap on a lot of approaches but they were still not getting to pin high. And it was not because I was hitting long and they were coming back. It just seemed really strange.
GoesForIt

Postby GoBucks on Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:16 am

Wonder why TPC at Twin Cities wasn't used.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby Harpo on Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:04 am

GoBucks wrote:Wonder why TPC at Twin Cities wasn't used.

See Doug’s, I messed up post.
Jim
Harpo

Postby GoesForIt on Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:15 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15208
GoesForIt

Postby GoBucks on Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:05 am

GoesForIt wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15208

Cool! All good.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:36 pm

GoesForIt wrote:
RoyHiggi wrote:Yes not a fun course to play...

I have to agree. I usually like Sage Vanni's courses. I don't mind the length, but almost every Par 4/5 has a restricted fairway where a 3-metal is safe and Driver is not. That's fine for some holes, but to me there are too many here.

Fortunately I either didn't hit into it or there's no Heavy Rough.

In round #2, it seemed like there was heavy humidity. I was hitting the snap on a lot of approaches but they were still not getting to pin high. And it was not because I was hitting long and they were coming back. It just seemed really strange.

Felt like that happened a couple of times for me but I just thought ive messed up again. I seemed to be able to start ok then the snapp got very iffy and I struggled to find the short stuff and then it was really tough.

last round though I think my wife will have been wondering why i kept shouting NOOOOOOOOO. Started well , 6 under after 9 and then....
Can't remember the holes but I had a 6 foot putt for birdie, tiny break from the right so aimed just out side. nailed it but it sailed by the hole to 7 feet. Par 3 set up with a 4 iron 2 back in the stance. Started the swing saw I hasd a 5W instead. Reacted by missing the top snap early about perfect but missed late going down and into nightmare bunker 11 feet under the hole. Simple bogey.
Then another where I had 9 feet with a tiny break. Not going to allow much so inside right, hit the snap and the break was there so it missed left. Glad its over but still ammy to play
RoyHiggi

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Jul 28, 2024 2:16 pm

Sad to say I would not have finished Round #4 under par without an eagle (16), birdie (18). It was no cheap eagle... 215 yard 3-iron.
Attachments
Eagle16RanchoReese-2024-07-28.SHT
(3.7 KB) Downloaded 287 times
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It