PLSA Rocket Mortgage

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA Rocket Mortgage

Postby GoesForIt on Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:11 am

Even though scoring low is fun, I find myself hoping Sage Vanni revisits Detroit. Part of it is my fault for picking such easy pin positions... although as I remember it there weren't any really tough but fair ones.
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA Rocket Mortgage

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:09 am

Easy pins and "easy" greens maybe but if you don't hit the snap at the key moments its very hard to get the birdies. With Dirk and Doug going so well I was never realistically in this one. Just not playing well enough and missing the snap on the wrong side too often. Playing from behid trees about 4 times isnt the way to go but the best mess up was when I decided to fade a shot ( very rare for me) but as I started the swing I spotted I had selected draw...ooooops.
The end result was I forgot to snap at all and the ball squirted off to the right. Still had a 9 footer for par and missed the snap on that too.

Looks a great battle for the top , good luck to Dirk and Doug.
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:47 am

For me even though it was my first C/C event where I did not make anything worse than par, when I missed the fairway I could not tell myself I needed to hit 80 to 100 yards short of the green or else the ball always rolled through the green to the back rough. And those stupid str8 in putts that I just missed the snap by a hair and heard my player say "Hold on" as it went sliding by to 8 to 10 feet. Need to get one of those putting aids I see all the pro's using on the practice greens I guess.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:58 am

Harpo wrote:For me even though it was my first C/C event where I did not make anything worse than par, when I missed the fairway I could not tell myself I needed to hit 80 to 100 yards short of the green or else the ball always rolled through the green to the back rough. And those stupid str8 in putts that I just missed the snap by a hair and heard my player say "Hold on" as it went sliding by to 8 to 10 feet. Need to get one of those putting aids I see all the pro's using on the practice greens I guess.

Please get one of those putting aids for me too.Soooo annoying missing those "simple" putts
RoyHiggi

Postby GoesForIt on Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:26 pm

Harpo wrote:...I could not tell myself I needed to hit 80 to 100 yards short of the green or else the ball always rolled through the green to the back rough...

Almost invariably if I'm in regular rough, I drop two clubs, swing a bit harder and play for the roll-out due to no backspin. It works on a lot of courses, but if they have a good bit of elevation in the run up to green, it will often hit and stop or roll back. And on those courses, if you hit on the green, even just barely on... you're often chipping from over the green.
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It