PLSA Travler's.

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA Travler's.

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:30 pm

Man, you guys are too good for me. I guess I'm shooting about what I normally do, but you guys have both feet on the gas.
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA Travler's.

Postby Harpo on Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:04 pm

GoesForIt wrote:Man, you guys are too good for me. I guess I'm shooting about what I normally do, but you guys have both feet on the gas.

I can not get anything close and can't putt over 10', so you are good. A quick snap on 17 to avoid the water and left in the deep stuff. Just chipped out hoping to save par but NOT. Several times the wind jumped on me when I hit and left some real long putts. Yeah, those guys are making it look easy.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am

when it's m/f greens I think i prefer over 10 feet than bendy from 5 to 9 feet. It feels like no matter how wide I decide to aim I get it wrong. 3 putted the last hole from less than 10 last week and today in the last round 3 putted from 4 feet.....aaaaargh.

I'm used to ramming putts rather than dribbling them but when I come to m/f and obviously F/F i get wary. Missed from 4 and ended 12 feet past. Good job I was driving well and getting chances. Till 15 and did the opposite to Harpo. Feeling confident and looking for eagle dumped it in to the water. Thought I'd hit the perfect chip drom deep grass but the d... thing just rolled and rolled 12 feet past. Missed that one too. Ah well it's only a game
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:41 pm

Both the 2nd and 3rd round hit into the water on 15 with just a little early snap. Did manage to get pars. Again on 17, hit into water and then rehit to the sand. Triple there to ruin that round.

Now my worse putting conditions coming in the last round. Last place for me this week.
Jim
Harpo

Postby GoesForIt on Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:47 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:when it's m/f greens I think i prefer over 10 feet than bendy from 5 to 9 feet.

Couldn't agree more. I'm especially bad on right to left benders going even slightly downhill. Then of course if it's downhill MC/FC, you often end up with more coming back than the original. My typical mess up is below the hole on the short right to left birdie putt, then above the hole on the return left to right par putt. It's really sad... and I'm sure you're all weeping at my dilemma. :lol:
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It