PLSA GO AHEAD AND PLAY

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA GO AHEAD AND PLAY

Postby GoesForIt on Sat May 18, 2024 4:01 pm

I'll tell you what I'll do. Go ahead and play Kawai. If Mark puts up Valhalla, we'll have standard FedEx points for Kawai and Majore points for Valhalla. If Mark does not put up Valhalla, Kawai will get Major points. So, do not take Kawai lightly.

It's all I can think of to do.
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA GO AHEAD AND PLAY

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sat May 18, 2024 7:46 pm

i took the liberty in teeing off at Kiawah 2 days ago .... getting the first 2 rounds in !

i didn't see SCOTTY out there ........... so i assume he got the chance to play Valhalla LOL :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby rwoodworkr on Sat May 18, 2024 11:24 pm

JackRussellTerror wrote:...i didn't see SCOTTY out there ........... so i assume he got the chance to play Valhalla LOL :wink:

I think Friday's events finally caught up to Scotty's consciousness on Saturday. What a crazy situation.
rwoodworkr

Postby GoesForIt on Mon May 20, 2024 8:53 am

Well, after finishing up on Kaiwah, it was a ton harder (for me) than Valhalla was over on Steve's DP World.

Still, it's a shame and I'm sorry. I've still not heard a peep from Mark.
GoesForIt

Postby albatros on Mon May 20, 2024 9:45 am

I wish it would have been a " one " round affair ;} .... it was my bogey free round :o

albatros

a bouncing ball took a nap in the long grass
albatros

Postby GoesForIt on Mon May 20, 2024 12:47 pm

Finally heard from Mark. I asked him to put Valhalla up immediately, but I don't think he's going to do it.

I think he'll put it up for next week along with Charles Schwab Challenge.

If that's the case, Kiawah will be regular points along with Charles Schwab. Valhalla will be 600 for the winner and on down.
GoesForIt

Postby JackRussellTerror on Mon May 20, 2024 3:02 pm

thanks for the info GFI :|

Valhalla next week would be fun ... i like the course :)

JackRussellTerror

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue May 21, 2024 10:04 am

Played round 4 and was gutted the site went down as I lost one of the best rounds for scrambling I can remember. Survived with just one bogey when I could have easily had 6. Finished the round and thought the stats had gone through :(
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Tue May 21, 2024 11:03 am

Yeah Roy, don't see it posted. The site has had it's problems lately. I thought Mark might have fixed it but not quite it looks like.

On another topic. Played the first round playing Elite mode. Has been a while since I have played that mode. Wow, I forgot that you can't pick your landing spot in the overhead view. Had to go to pano view off the tee and fairway to see but even then off the tee a lot of holes you still can't see it. Was lucky that it was a nowind round and hoped that the auto aim was pointing to the middle of the fairway. Scored good for me. Also can't aim on the green view on approach shots. I will try and see how the gusty round goes whether or not I finish this one.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue May 21, 2024 3:39 pm

Harpo wrote:Yeah Roy, don't see it posted. The site has had it's problems lately. I thought Mark might have fixed it but not quite it looks like.

On another topic. Played the first round playing Elite mode. Has been a while since I have played that mode. Wow, I forgot that you can't pick your landing spot in the overhead view. Had to go to pano view off the tee and fairway to see but even then off the tee a lot of holes you still can't see it. Was lucky that it was a nowind round and hoped that the auto aim was pointing to the middle of the fairway. Scored good for me. Also can't aim on the green view on approach shots. I will try and see how the gusty round goes whether or not I finish this one.

Yeah some courses can be very difficult re T shot aiming. Sometimes it doesn’t aim to the middle of the fairway of course but sometimes you have no option. I’d like to play more elite stuff but sadly nobody does so there’s little point.
Good luck in the other rounds. If I have time I might have a round or two there.
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Tue May 21, 2024 5:26 pm

Very happy with a -20 in Elite on that course. Only 3 worse than my C/C event.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Harpo on Tue May 21, 2024 6:30 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:
Harpo wrote:Yeah Roy, don't see it posted. The site has had it's problems lately. I thought Mark might have fixed it but not quite it looks like.

Yeah some courses can be very difficult re T shot aiming. Sometimes it doesn’t aim to the middle of the fairway of course but sometimes you have no option. I’d like to play more elite stuff but sadly nobody does so there’s little point.
Good luck in the other rounds. If I have time I might have a round or two there.

I think a player by the name of "Forman" still plays Elite but only in the handicap tourney. I think he stopped playing the other tourneys because he would be the only one. Is that true Forman if you read these post?
Jim
Harpo

Return to Talk About It