Hurricane Ian

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Hurricane Ian

Postby Harpo on Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:21 am

I guess I need to get my rounds in incase Ian decides to turn off my power. They still are not quite sure where that thing is going to make landfall here in FL. I know I am over on the East coast but I have seen some hurricanes do some strange things. It's supposed to go from Cat 1 to Cat 4 in the next 24 hrs.

Stay safe Steve (ibhackin)...
Jim
Harpo

Re: Hurricane Ian

Postby MasterMontgomery on Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:16 pm

Jim be prepared. It looks like lots of rain an wind etc.
Stay safe.

Doug :)
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby Bassmaster on Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:36 pm

To all who are down there in the southeast be safe and batten them hatches down. Even though I'm not down there the timing of my Generac back up generator couldn't have come at a better time.

Be safe out there

Rick
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby IBHackin on Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:59 am

Hey Jim,
Yea we are ready for the beast. Hopefully it will stay to the west and only bring us lots of rain here on the east coast. I too am trying to finish my rounds before tomorrow night when she is suppose to affect us.

Stay safe all

Steve (IBHackin)
IBHackin

Postby Harpo on Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:37 pm

Well Steve, it looks like the eye may be passing us by less than 50 miles from us? Thought is was going to be a little further north than that. Just hope we don't loose power that's all. Just got out my generator that I bought 3 yrs ago. Was still in the box. Hope we don't get a ton of rain. My daughter's house has flooded twice already in the past 6 yrs and hate to see them go through that again.

Stay safe and dry.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Harpo on Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:21 am

Wow, can't believe how lucky we were here in Brevard county. Most of the feeder bans were east of us and came back in north of us. Well, northern Brevard got hit with more rain than we did. The eye went right over us. At least that is what it looked like as it was hard to tell where the eye was at times. We are still getting some good winds now but some of the other parts of the state got hammered. Landed as a Cat 4 on the west coast. Over a couple million people are out of power. Our lights flickered a couple times but we are all good. I am hoping Steve fared the same. Storm is still trying to get off the coast.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Harpo on Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:34 pm

On my phone now. Can’t believe my power went out while playing one of my rounds. Storm not even around. Will have to opt out this week in pro unless I want to do the 2 stroke penalty. May have to if I want to get FedEx points. Guess I need to get the generator going?
Jim
Harpo

Postby Harpo on Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:54 pm

Power back. They had to turn our grid off to fix a transformer. Gosh, they could have warned me first. :shock: :D

Guess I'll wait till tomorrow to play.
Jim
Harpo

Postby IBHackin on Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:44 am

We fair really well here in Viera. Didn't lose power. just a bunch of rain and some moderate winds.

Steve
IBHackin

Return to Talk About It