that pretty much sums it up !!!
chamberlainbob

Re: OMICRON

Postby MIB-HAWK on Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:51 am

INDEED
MIB-HAWK

Postby Mississippi on Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:15 pm

Omicron is the 15th letter of the Greek alphabet. Not a virus. Moronic are those who mock any variant of the covid-19 virus that has killed well over 5 million people worldwide or 1 in 50 in my state who have contracted it. Moronic is also a word i would use for those who remain unvaccinated!
Mississippi

Postby pmgolf on Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:15 am

Amen, Mississippi! :D

Pete
pmgolf

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:29 am

Mississippi wrote:Omicron is the 15th letter of the Greek alphabet. Not a virus. Moronic are those who mock any variant of the covid-19 virus that has killed well over 5 million people worldwide or 1 in 50 in my state who have contracted it. Moronic is also a word i would use for those who remain unvaccinated!

Preface: I'm J&J vaccinated and boosted. I've also received my seasonal flu vaccine.

https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/202 ... w-many-die

Per the CDC, more than 166 million people have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The new data suggests 1,507 people (about 0.0001%) of those fully vaccinated people died from COVID-19.
Meanwhile, 7,101 people of those fully vaccinated people (about 0.005%) were hospitalized from COVID-19.

From this we know that vaccinated persons can still get and die from COVID (almost 100% are over 50). Who is the greatest danger to those people? Is it unvaccinated persons who exhibit NO COVID symptoms. Or could it be from vaccinated persons who think they no longer need to wear masks or practice social distancing yet may may carry the virus (meaning they would test positive and could be transmitting the disease even though not exhibiting symptoms). If you believe the vaccines work, the unvaccinated are only a danger to themselves. If you're vaccinated, still wear a mask at all times in public and still practice social distancing, then you clearly do not trust the vaccine... and you're well-advised not to... especially of you're over 50.

One they I can say positively, get your COVID news and advice from UK and Israeli studies, not the CDC. The UK and Israeli studies are all peer reviewed and do not appear to have any hint of political motivation. The CDC is not nearly as open with their numbers... especially the protection provided by natural immunity (those developed from having had the disease and survived). They're so bent on supporting the Biden administration's vaccine mandates that they don't want perfectly protected people to exempted.
GoesForIt

Postby RonnieSmith on Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:35 pm

I don't have quite as cynical a view about the CDC as expressed in the last post, but I suspect one reason for the lack of publicity about the immunity of the survivors is that they do not wish to encourage that approach to developing immunity.

I haven't seen any followup to this yet, but at one point there was a local report of a study (I think it originated in the US but possibly Israel), but it showed that vaccinated, asymptomatic individuals have almost no chance of transmitting the virus. And I suspect if such folks are masked in crowded situations, it probably is 0% chance. That's probably a useful area for which you may wish to look for original sources. I would be interested in learning more about that (i.e. if that early work has been supported by further studies).

I suspect as well the most dangerous situation remains asymptomatic, unvaccinated individuals who happen to be carrying the virus without realizing it.

Stay safe everybody. Perhaps by this time next year, it will be just another seasonal respiratory illness. I got my Pfizer booster this week---reacted to it just like the 2nd shot---had a slight fever for hours 12-36 after the shot along with the obligatory arm soreness.

Ronnie
RonnieSmith

Postby Mississippi on Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:51 pm

GoesForIt wrote:One they I can say positively,

I think the word "thing" might have fit better than they in that instance but i digress.

Personally i listen to doctors and not politicians from any country, but that is a choice i make living with a lady who has CLL and a compromised immune system. I mask in public to protect her.

Early indications are that that the omicron variant of this virus might be faster spreading but not as serious a threat which would be welcome news as it points to becoming more of a seasonable infection in lieu of a pandemic. One can only hope!
Mississippi

Postby Harpo on Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:56 pm

Last Thanksgiving our family had Covid. My wife had it the worst. Run down for a couple weeks but nothing serious. I had a little tingle in my back shoulders otherwise could not even tell I had it. We both had a little cough. Since then we have both gotten both shots plus the booster but still wear a mask when it a store or crowded places. We are both 70.
Jim
Harpo

Postby GoBucks on Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:29 am

Mississippi wrote: Moronic is also a word i would use for those who remain unvaccinated!

Gee, that sounds a bit uppity. There are valid medical reasons for not getting vaccinated.

I think it's a shame how covid has created such intolerance, at least in the States.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby Mississippi on Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:40 am

GoBucks wrote:
Mississippi wrote: Moronic is also a word i would use for those who remain unvaccinated!

Gee, that sounds a bit uppity. There are valid medical reasons for not getting vaccinated.

I think it's a shame how covid has created such intolerance, at least in the States.

You can call it uppity, i call it basic math. Since the death rate difference is about 20 to 1.
Mississippi

Postby Adelade on Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:20 am

Mississippi wrote:You can call it uppity, i call it basic math. Since the death rate difference is about 20 to 1.

Basic math may be to apply the simple equations, but slightly more advanced math is about knowing where and when to apply them, in order to draw the right conclusions. No need to ignore his point.

This thread is a bit of a potential bomb waiting to blow up though, I dont mean to get involved in it. Lets stay friendly and civil everyone?

Postby JackRussellTerror on Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:15 pm

Adelade wrote:This thread is a bit of a potential bomb waiting to blow up though, I dont mean to get involved in it. Lets stay friendly and civil everyone?

i originally posted the thread ONLY for the reason of humility of swapping letters around :lol: :)
i didn't want it to "blow up" into "for or against vaccination" !
anyhoo ...... 8)
Last edited by JackRussellTerror on Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackRussellTerror

Postby Mississippi on Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:55 pm

JackRussellTerror wrote:
Adelade wrote:
Mississippi wrote:This thread is a bit of a potential bomb waiting to blow up though, I dont mean to get involved in it. Lets stay friendly and civil everyone?

i originally posted the thread ONLY for the reason of humility of swapping letters around :lol: :)
i didn't want it to "blow up" into "for or against vaccination" !
anyhoo ...... 8)

The direction this thread has transversed including the false quote Jack just attributed to me has led me to choose the route that Ernie B and Terrell took.
Adios amigos!
Mississippi

Postby JackRussellTerror on Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:52 pm

corrected now Mississippi !
double quotes confused me .......
au revoir
JackRussellTerror

Next

Return to Talk About It